To prepare for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ 900 certification exam, you must know the syllabus and the right study approach to pass the test. Before elaborating on the exam details, let’s understand what Microsoft AZ-900 is.
What Is Microsoft Azure AZ-900 Exam?
Azure is considered to be Microsoft’s largest cloud platform. The AZ-900 exam is designed for those professionals who want to begin or upscale their careers in Azure. This test determines the professional’s understanding of the Azure cloud platform and Azure administrations.
This is a beginner-level test, and both technical and non-technical engineers can sit for this examination. The following professionals can sit for the test to demonstrate their Azure Cloud service skills and attain the certification.
- System Administrators
- Azure Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Cloud Architects
- Cloud Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Data Architects
- Security Engineers
- Data Administrators
- Experienced Azure Administrators
- Business Intelligence Professionals
- Azure Developers
What Is the Syllabus of the AZ-900 Certification Exam?
Every topic in the exam of AZ-900 certification syllabus contains a specific mark weightage. The following topics are covered within the AZ-900 certification exam syllabus and the marks weightage.
|Cloud concepts (15-20%)||What is Cloud Computing?Cloud Computing DictionaryWhat are public, private and hybrid clouds?What is IaaS?What is PaaS?What is SaaS?|
|Core Azure services (30-35%)||ComputeNetworkingData AnalyticsStorage and DatabasesIdentityIntegrationDevOps|
|Security, compliance, privacy, and trust (25-30%)||Azure Defence in DepthAzure FirewallAzure App GatewayAzure DDoS ProtectionAzure Network Security GroupsAuthentication vs AuthorizationAzure Active DirectoryAzure Multi-Factor AuthenticationAzure Security CentreAzure Key VaultAzure Information ProtectionAzure Advanced Threat ProtectionAzure PolicyAzure Role-based Access ControlAzure Resources LockAzure BlueprintSubscription GovernanceAzure TagsAzure MonitorAzure Service HealthMicrosoft Compliance OfferingsMicrosoft Privacy StatementMicrosoft Trust CentreService Trust PortalMicrosoft Compliance ManagerAzure GovernmentAzure China|
|Azure pricing Service Level Agreements and Lifecycles (20-25%)||Azure Management GroupAzure Free AccountAzure Purchasing OptionAzure InvoiceBandwidth Pricing DetailsPricing CalculatorTotal Cost of OwnershipAzure Spending LimitAzure Subscription and Service LimitsAzure ReservationsAzure Cost ManagementAzure Support PlansAzure Knowledge CentreCreate Support TicketAzure Services SLA SummaryMicrosoft Azure PreviewsAzure Portal PreviewAzure Announcements|
What Is the Exam Pattern of the AZ 900 Certification Exam?
The AZ-900 certification exam contains 40-60 multiple-choice questions. You will get 1 hour to finish the paper. You need to get 70% in the examination to pass and qualify for the certification.
Tips to Prepare for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Certification Exam
Apart from knowing the syllabus, you must follow a strategic study plan to pass the AZ-900 exam. The four ways to prepare for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 certification exam are as follows:
- You need to start preparing the topics that contain the most marks weightage in the test. This way, you can cover the maximum and most important part of the syllabus at your own pace and without any rush. You can register for the AZ-900 certification course at a reputed educational institution like Koenig Solution at an affordable AZ-900 certification cost in India. Complete these topics under the guidance of experts and have a better understanding of the fundamentals.
- After completing the syllabus, you should sit for practice tests to evaluate your preparation. There are ample practice tests on the Internet for free. You can take the one that aligns with the syllabus to analyse your preparation. Whichever topic you score less on in the examination, you can study the subject to gain mastery of it. Sit for more than one practice test to improve the concepts and fundamentals of the AZ-900 examination.
- Microsoft publishes analysts’ reports, ebooks, and white papers. You can browse through these sources and study the Azure documents to polish your preparation.
- You can log in to Microsoft online learning platforms portal and prepare the topics in the study material. The portal has exam policies, structure, prerequisites, links, schedules, etc. So, you can get all the information related to the Azure examination from the portal itself.
With AZ-900 certification, you can flaunt your skills and knowledge of Cloud Computing among your employees. Besides, it will also create a good image of yours in the recruiters’ and managers’ minds.
You can enrol for the AZ-900 certification course at an educational website at a reasonable AZ-900 certification cost and get prepared under expert guidance. If you attain the certificate, you can get well-paid jobs even at an entry level. You might also get jobs internationally. So follow the tips specified above and sign up for the course to prepare effectively for the test.
Additional Read: MSc in Computer Science: Costs, Requirements, Admission, and Jobs